Myopia Control Clinic
- Orthokeratology or Ortho-k is a non-surgical treatment that uses specialised contact lenses to reshape the cornea while you sleep. This can help to correct the underlying causes of myopia and reduce its progression over time.
- Myopia control contact lenses, such as MiSight, are specially designed to slow down the progression of myopia in children. These lenses are similar to regular soft contact lenses but have been shown to be effective in reducing the rate of myopic progression.
- Spectacle lenses, such as Hoya Miyosmart, Zeiss Myovision, and Essilor Stellest, are also effective in reducing the progression of myopia. These lenses use special optical designs and materials that help to reduce the strain on the eyes and slow down the progression of myopia.
- Atropine eyedrops are another potential treatment for myopia control. These prescription eyedrops contain a medication that can help reduce the progression of myopia.
- Enviromental factors can be an important modifiable component related to myopia progression. You should encourage your child to spend 60-90 minutes outside daily and daily screen time should be limited to 3 hours or less.
At our Myopia Control Clinic, we take a personalised approach to treatment, tailoring each treatment plan to the individual needs of our patients. Our optometrists will evaluate your child's eye health and myopia progression to determine the best possible treatment options for them. If your child suffers from myopia, we are here to help. We offer a comprehensive range of treatments, including ortho-k, myopia control contact lenses, spectacle lenses, and atropine eyedrops, to help reduce the progression of myopia and improve your child's quality of life. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.